Wednesday, September 7, 2011

NOSTALGIA REFLECTION - AN ARTISTIC ADVENTURE

I uploaded an album on facebook recently; my intent was to spur the viewers into a nostalgia reflections. It was named NOSTALGIA FEFLECTION. The kids in this album came to meet me during an event I attended at my local church few Sundays ago. They requested to grace my lens… I took series of pictures, and then decided to turn the pieces into black and white with an old school effect.

For me every experience is an artistic adventure. I learnt from this experience how little act of insensitivity can disconnect us from magnitude flow of creativity and mar a cherished friendship and memories. This experience launched me into another creative exploration. I can’t just have enough… These kids don’t have facebook accounts; I hope someday they will get to see these paparazzi work per excellence. You can have a feel of the album on the link below:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150360906226159.405302.724076158&l=5ebc269e53&type=1

I will like to quote from Michael Jackson’s acceptance speech for his Grammy Legend Award in March 1993, “The magic, the wonder, the mystery, and the innocence of a child’s heart, are the seeds of creativity that will heal the world… What we need to learn from children isn’t childish. Being with them connects us to the deeper wisdom of life which is ever present….”

Children have always been my greatest source of inspiration. That is why I have dedicated a huge some part of my life to putting smile on these little angel faces and turning their play time into creative engagements. I am so passionate about helping kids harnessing their God’s given talents and inspire an artistic future in a child. Art can change life; it is both a powerful means of expression and therapy. The sites below are credence to my ability to connect with the kids and fuel their aspiration to create art;

www.artscoutafrica.blogspot.com

www.frenchvillagecollege.blogspot.com




No comments: